21 Genius Hacks for Fixing Ruined Clothes
1. Stop your sweaters from shedding by sticking them in the freezer overnight. If you have a cashmere or wool sweater that won’t stop shedding, toss it in the freezer before each wear.
2. Toss your jeans in a plastic bag and stick them in the freezer at night to remove bad odors. The freezer will kill most of the odor-causing bacteria, and you don’t have to worry about the dye in your denim fading from overzealous washing.
3. Erase unsightly armpit stains with lemon juice or baking soda. Scrub out the stains with a mixture of lemon juice and water. For tough armpit stains, try rubbing a paste of baking soda and water on the stain, letting it sit for a few minutes, and then rinsing it off before throwing it in the wash.
4. Remove deodorant marks with the foam cover of a dry clean hanger. Rubbing the spot with a pair of light-wash jeans works well too (the dye from dark jeans might transfer onto the fabric).
5. Spray a small amount of vodka on your clothes to eliminate strong odors. If you don’t have time to wash a shirt before wearing it again but it has a strong, lingering smell, just spray on some vodka and let it dry. The alcohol will kill odor-causing bacteria.
6. Fix foundation stains with a little bit of shaving cream. If you take off your shirt and accidentally smudge your makeup on the collar, just wipe a dollop of shaving cream on the spot to pretreat it before tossing it in the wash.Please go onto next page to continue reading!