How To Grow Back Your Receding Gums With These Natural Remedies
If you are experiencing receding gums then you have found a great article to read. In this article, you will find 9 of the best home natural remedies to help grow back your receding gums. Your gums are not something you should ignore, especially if you are noticing some problems like receding.
Gingivitis, usually known as gum disease, is a dental issue characterized by symptoms like constant bad breath, red or swollen gums and very sensitive, sore gums that may bleed. If left untreated, it can advance to periodontitis and become a very serious issue.
Poor oral hygiene, resulting in plaque buildup is the primary cause of gum disease. Other factors that can contribute to this problem, include:
- Hormonal changes,
- Genetic predisposition,
- Poor nutrition,
- Certain medications,
Luckily, there are things you can do at home, that can help lessen your symptoms, treat gum disease and prevent further complications.
Oil pulling is a traditional Ayurvedic method that is great for oral care. It has an abundance of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It removes toxins right out of your mouth and gums and relieves bad breath.
- Swish one tablespoon of sesame oil through your teeth.
- Do this for about 15 minutes or until it becomes thinner and turns milky.
- Spit it out and rinse your mouth with water.
- Repeat the process daily for about a month.
2. SEA SALT
Rinsing your mouth with warm water mixed with some salt, is the simplest method for treating gum infections. The minerals present in sea salt help reduce inflammation and alleviate pain.
- Dissolve a small amount of sea salt in a cup of warm water.
- Swish a sip of the solution in your mouth for few seconds and spit it out.
- Do this 2-3 times daily, preferably after brushing.
3. TEA BAGS
The tannic acid in the tea bag (particularly black tea) can work effectively to reduce pain and relieve gum infection.
- Steep a tea bag in hot water for 10 minutes, and then allow it to cool.
- Press the tea bag on the affected area and keep it there for about 5 minutes.
- Regular application will heal your gum infection.
4. CHAMOMILE TEA
Chamomile tea, with its amazing anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, reduces inflammation associated with gum disease.
- Add two to three teaspoons of chamomile flowers to one cup of hot water.
- Let the mixture steep for 10 minutes.
- Then, strain and let it cool.
- Gargle the tea as a mouthwash.
- For best results, repeat the process three times a day.