How to Stop Your Cuticle Skin from Peeling
Make a homemade cuticle cream. If you have the time, you can make a really effective cuticle cream at home using some hand cream and oils. Here’s how:
- In the microwave, warm up a bowl of 1/3 cup hand cream, a few glugs of olive oil (or grape seed oil, if you have it), and 3-4 drops of lavender oil (found in the health food store) to a temperature that is warm but not too hot to touch.
- Apply a generous amount to each fingernail and gently massage into the nail, cuticle and surrounding skin, spending a minute or two on each. The cream is extremely good for your hands (and feet!) and will keep your cuticles soft.
- You can keep and re-warm this homemade cream for up to 3 days in your fridge if you store it in a dark glass bottle.
Get a hot wax treatment. If you can afford it, investing in a hot wax treatment at your local nail salon can work wonders for hands, nails and cuticles.
- During a hot wax treatment, a special oily wax is melted down and applied to the hands and fingertips. Then you will be asked to wear a pair of plastic gloves and place your hands in a mitt.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, you will remove your hands from the mitt and the wax will be removed, leaving the skin of your hands and cuticles feeling soft and supple.
- It is also possible to buy paraffin wax treatment kits online, which you can use yourself at home.
Please go onto next page to continue reading!